Question

Sore toe!!!!

Please can you answer a question with regard to my toe, if you it does not fall in your line of expertise, please tell me to whom I should be talking to as I am at my absolute wits end!!!
I am a long distance runner and I had a fungal infection on my right big toe, went to a GP who prescribed medication that cleared it up, however my problem is or occurs whilst running ultra marathons where the toe rubs against the side of my running shoes causing the most excruciating pain, worse than toothache!!! I tried putting as many plasters as possible on it but to no avail the pain seems to come from inside the side of my toe, if this makes sense!!! It gets to a stage where I cannot carry on running I have to stop and walk.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

I will post your question to Dr Crane who is our foot specialist and he wil reply to you

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/06/13

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum