Posted by: Kay | 2008-11-04

Sore throat + rash

Good day Dr.
I have a light sore throat, neck- and headache. Last night I noticed a rash on my legs and stomach. But not itchy and I do not feel sick. My colleague however, is diagnosed with tonsilitis and she also had the rash and neck- and headaches. I thought perhaps it could be some children' s disease because I have a child at the creché , but my child is healthy. Does tonsilitis give you a rash? I definitely don' t have tonsilitis though. Could this be just a light virus attack and nothing to worry about, or should I consult a doctor?

Dear Kay
Some of the streptococ bacteria that can give you a sore throat can also give a rash - rather let your doctor have a look as you may need antibiotics to prevent scarlet fever or kidney complications.