Question
Posted by: Thulie | 2010/12/06

Sore throat for 2months

Dear Doc.

I''ve had a sore throat for more than 2 months now, at the back of my throat the veins are blood red. The pain is worse when i wake up and gets better as the day goes, i also feel very tired and have muscle pains and mild fever some times.

I''ve been to the doctor and he says there''s nothing wrong with me, i''ve had anti biotics 3 times already(3 courses) but still no change. I am worried i might have some type of cancer. please help me

Hallo Thulie
A persistant sore throat can be a sign of underlying problems like a blood disease, acid reflux in your throat, or chronic allergies. You need to have some basic blood tests done and you may need a gastroscopy to see if you have acid reflux. A GP can do the initial tests, so if your doctor does not want to examine this further maybe you should get a second opinion

2
Posted by: Thulie | 2010/12/07

Thank you doc, much appreciated

Reply to Thulie
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/06

Hallo Thulie