Posted by: Lily2012 | 2012-04-18

Sore throat and fever.

I had unprotected sex with a guy about three days ago and I noticed I had a sore throat yesterday and this morning I woke up with a fever and sore throat. Should I be worried that it''s an std? I want to get tested but I don''t want to go threw all that if it''s just the flu. I''m kind of stressing out. All comments are greatly appreciated. thanks.

Dear Lily2012,

I suggest you see a Dr and have a check up.

Posted by: Peter | 2012-04-18

It sounds like your common cold but to set your mind at ease, it''s always best to know for sure. Give it another week and if things don''t improve rather get tested. Please be careful, a few seconds/minutes is not worth your life. Good luck and take care.

Reply to Peter