Question
Posted by: Odette | 2012/11/19

Sore Throat and Chest

I am 15 weeks pregnant and woke up with a severe sore throat and a tight chest!

Last week I had a tummy bug and gum infection, now this! I thought the second trimester was going to be easier and better!

I am so worried about my baby that all these illness will have an effect on him/her or even a miscarriage! I am terrified!!!!

Help!!!!!

Odette

Odette

I suggest that you consult your doctor, as it is possible that you might have a bacterial throat infection, with possible bronchitis. The throat infection and bronchitis can cause a fever to develop. A high fever can cause a miscarriage and it is therefore, very important to consult your doctor for a possible course of oral antibiotics. Get as much bedrest as possible and take in a lot of clear fluid. You can take Panado to combat a fever.