Question
Posted by: Bobby | 2008/12/10

sore throat after tonsilitis

Morning doc

I have a problem, i had tonsilitis two weeks ago, the dr gave me penicillin injection, and two others, antibiotics, cepacol and pain killers, and then i was fine, however my throat is still sore - the pain is different, when i yawn i can feel it and i thought i was coming up with flu, but it is not flu!!! i am a bit scared. please advise. Thanks

Dear Bobby
If you still have swollen glands in the neck, and if your throat looks red or have white patches on when you look in the mirror, the tonsillitis may not be cleared up yet and you may need another course of antibiotics - then you need to see your doctor again