Posted by: mom | 2011-11-13

sore throat

hi. I got sick about 2 weeks ago with a sore throat. my right ear seemed blocked and i had low grade fever at that time and sinuses were blocked.
now my thoat is still sore on the right side and i have this annoying cough. my nose also seems dry and blocked at the same time. inside my throat doesnt have white spots just looks swollen (maybe a gland) on the right hand side. i have no tonsils and not really a sickly person. please could you tell me if i should be worried about anything serious, and what can i do to get rid of this sore throat. my throat feels like i have been screaming thats how sore it is. thank you.

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and treatment, as you might need a course of antibiotics. Sinusitis with upper respiratory tract is not a serious illness but the sooner you have yourself examined and treated, the sooner you will feel better.