Posted by: mom | 2011-11-13

sore throat

hi. I got sick about 2 weeks ago with a sore throat. my right ear seemed blocked and i had low grade fever at that time and sinuses were blocked.
now my thoat is still sore on the right side and i have this annoying cough. my nose also seems dry and blocked at the same time. inside my throat doesnt have white spots just looks swollen (maybe a gland) on the right hand side. i have no tonsils and not really a sickly person. please could you tell me if i should be worried about anything serious, and what can i do to get rid of this sore throat. my throat feels like i have been screaming thats how sore it is. thank you.

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Mom

I suggest you see your GP for an examination. You may require antibiotics as you could be suffering from an infection that may need treatment other than conservative management. Your problem appears to be infective in nature, but only an examination can confirm this.

Posted by: patience | 2011-12-14

my mom has has a mouth infection for the past 4 months and no mediacation seems to help. she has been to the hospital 5 tyms and they gave her different meds but none of them seems to help, lately she went to see a GP and the meds she was given made her toungue to swell and develop sores, she stopped taking the meds now she is weak and has a fever and feels sleepy all the time. please help what mjust she do next she doesn''t eat any solids only liquids and thats Youghurt and Custard...

Reply to patience