Posted by: Rohan | 2011-09-12

sore throat

i went to my doctor today because i have been having a sore throat for more than a month now without any sympoms of a cold or fever. The doctor examined the back of my throat and told me it was red and inflamed with some white patches. She couldn''t diagnose me right away but did a throat swipe with a piece of cotton on a stick and sent it away for tests. The thing that worries me is that the cotton was reddish, it looked like blood. I am now waiting for test results, but do you have any idea what it could be?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Rohan

It is impossible to be sure, the answer could range from candida infection, to any of the bacterial infections found in the upper aero-digestive tract. Any guess would be pure speculation.