Question
Posted by: ouch | 2011/02/22

Sore throat

Thursday night I took two headache tablets together, and one or both of them stuck in my throat a little as I was swallowing them. On Friday I woke up with a sore throat, but didn''t connect the two things until I looked in my throat with a torch and saw a " blister"  in the back of my throat.

Could this just be an abrasion from the tablets? It''s only sore when I swallow. I''ve been managing the pain with mypaid (one or two a day) and andolex-C throat spray, as it doesn''t look like there is an infection at the moment. And the throat spray is anti bacterial, so it should keep it " clean" . Should I go to a doctor, or can I just keep managing it the same way? And if so, for how long?

Thanx!

Hallo Ouch
You could have damaged the mucous membrane causing an abrasion and I think you are managing it correctly. If you develop sore glands in the neck or the ulcer does not heal within 48 - 72 hours, you may need to let your doctor have a look.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/22

Hallo Ouch