Question
Posted by: phumi | 2010-06-21

sore throat

I had an operation for tonsils in feb 2010, since the beginning of winter my throat is very sore and dry especially in the morning, at times its even difficult to swallow, what could be wrong?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Phumi

The fact that you had the surgery so long ago makes it impossible for the current problem to be related.
Remember that even after a tonsillectomy you may still suffer from sore throats , the problems may be related to other factors:
1. Viral infections of the pharynx (lining of the throat)
2. Bacterial infections of the throat
3. Sinusitis with an infective post nasal drip causing problems and dryness to the throat
4. Possible relux disease
You will need a full examination to establish a possible cause, so please see your ENT as the treatment will differ.