Question
Posted by: Des | 2010/03/15

SORE THROAT

Hi Doctor,

A couple of days ago I developed swelling combined with matter in my right ear. I''ve been to a specialist and it seems to be sorted out. My other worry is that I have now developed a sore throat and a cough. Is this as a result of my sore ear? Futhermore, I have this fear of contracting HIV. The doctor used a machine that works like a vacuum cleaner to remove some of the matter. I was wondering what if he never changed the suction nozzle and now I have these flu like symptoms? Are my syptoms related to my sore ear?

Many thanks.

Hallo Des
There is no risk in contracting HIV via the instrument the doctor used. You may have infection of the throat because the ear infection spread via the Eustachian tube to the throat. Are you on an antibiotic? If not, you may need one.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/15

Hallo Des

Reply to cyberdoc