Question
Posted by: Dalene | 2010/02/07

Sore Throat

Hi there,
I have such a sore throat for 4 days now, and I have taken antiseptic throat spray and rinsed my mouth ith salt water, I don' t have a medical aid and my doctor I go to is on the other side of town, can you suggest something else I can take. I have n nasal drip, coughing has stopped just throat.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Dalene

A throat spray/lozenge that contains BENZOCAINE should be the most effective - Cepacaine lozenges or Orochlor spray/gargle. Othewise try Strepsils INTENSIVE - The only throat lozenge that contains an anti-inflammatory for local action.

Also, take something to dry up that post-nasal drip as it may be worsening the sore throat. Something like SINUEND may an option.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/02/08

Dalene

Reply to pharmacist