Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2009/10/19

Sore throat!!

I have had a sore throat for 3 weeks! My right ear - deep inside - sometimes is also painful. I thought self medicating would help - grippon, gargling, etc to no avail. I do not have any other symptoms of infection - fever, puking etc so have not gone to the dr. Other than the throat, I am perfectly fine, but it does not want to go away. Any suggestions?

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Wendy

You could be suffering from referred ear ache, which means the problem is indeed in the throat. Any throat pain that does not resolve within two weeks should be examinend by an ENT surgeon.