Question
Posted by: E | 2008/08/08

Sore Throat

I' ve been suffering from a sore throat for a week. I don' t feel sick otherwise. It hurts when I swallow and I can feel it inside my ear as well. My gums at the back on that side also feels sensitive. I don' t have a runny nose or any other flu or cold symptoms. I' ve taken anti-inflammatories for a couple of days, which temporarily alleviated the pain, but don' t want to keep on taking that as my tummy is sensitive to it. I cycle in the mornings and don' t know if it could be the just the cold air, but this didn' t happen last year??

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you consult your GP, in order to have a throat swab done, to assess if there is any pathological reason for your sore throat that should be treated with antibiotics.

Kind regards