Question
Posted by: Sore Shoulder | 2010/02/03

Sore Shoulder and NeurofenPlus

I have had a very sore sholder fo some months.
I do not do strenuous physical work and work mainly with computers daily .
I have tried other anti inflammatories like veltex and celebrex but get the most relief from Neurofen plus.
2 in the morning and after a days work 4, 10 hours later in the afternoon.
I have recently read about codeine addiction and note that this contains Codeine Phosphate .
Question this 78.6 mg of codeine phosphate per day in two divided doses over a 24 hour period albeit within 10 hours of each other.
Is this dangerous,addictive or what.
What is the conversion of Codeine phosphate to codeine and then I believe to morphine.
All a bit scary.
Can you explain

Expert ImagePharmacist

In the dose that you are taking, in my opinion, you shouldnt be too worried about codeine addiction. However, taking these tabs for that long is not ideal, and I'd suggest seeing a physio to help getting the shoulder back to normal.
Transact Patches is something you can also consider to alternate with the nurofen - slap one patch on the affected area, and leave it there to do its job for 12 hours. These ara available from most pharmacies and does not require a presciption.

All the best.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/02/05

All the best.

Reply to pharmacist