Posted by: Racoon | 2012-07-17

Sore lung after bronchitis

Dear Doc

For the past 2 weeks I have been suffering from sinu-bronchitis. Completed a 5 day course of antibiotics 3 days ago, which seemed to clear up the sinusitis. I still am coughing a bit and still have a sore right lung. It is a constant burning sensation in the upper part and main bronchus, maybe also trachea. Do I wait another while for it to clear? or do I need to see my doctor again? Iam still taking Pulmison and have another 3 days of the 10 day course left.

Many thanks

It will be best to take it easy and to get as much bedrest as possible. You can wait for at least another week or two but if your symptoms worsen or if your temperature remains above 38 degrees celsius, you will have to consutl your doctor.