Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2010/07/15

Sore legs, brown spot

I''m not prone to getting sore legs after exercising. I started biking about 2 months ago. Right on the first day, I biked for more than 40 minutes, on all kinds of elevation, and I didn''t get sore muscles. I wasn''t surprised, as I''ve been walking a lot for the past 7 years, so my legs are used to exercise. What surprises me is that after 2 months of biking, I started getting sore legs. The route has always been the same. But a week ago it started raining, so I biked a little faster than usual during the last 8 minutes of the way. My legs got exhausted and my muscles got sore. I''ve been feeling weak since and still have sore muscles. Plus I noticed a brown spot that feels like a tiny mosquito bite but it doesn''t hurt or itch. Since I started to wear shorts recently, I don''t know if it''s due to exercise or exposure to the sun. It almost looks like the beginning of a varicose vain in the distance. Is that possible? I''m only 25 and in shape (5''4'''', 110lbs).

Hallo Patricia
Where do you feel the pain in your legs (joints, muscles or deep in the bone?) The brown spot could be a dermatofibroma which is a type of scar tissue after an insect bite or scratch. Sore muscles, tiredness and weakness could be an indication that you have an underlying viral infection.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/15

Hallo Patricia
dr Bets