Question
Posted by: JADE | 2008/10/22

SORE LEGS

I have been getting terrible pains on both legs for the past 2 yrs
had a stent put in nov 2007.It stopped for a while then started
in feb 2008.i have been for a mmr in march everything was
clear doc put me on pain tablets for a month.it did help for the
month,but i am now getting the pains again and it is unbearable
at night.During the day the pain is there but not as bad as it is in the night.I am now at my wits end as i donot know what to do.
Please assist me with this problem.

Dear Jade
There are a few causes of pain in the legs at night - but are these cramps or just a dull ache? Pain associated with circulation problems usually gets better if you hang your leg down at the side of the bed. Cramps can be caused by potassium depletion, dehydration, overexertion of the muscles, diseases like Parkinsons, certain medication like diuretics, albuterol, calcium channelblockers, certain psychiatric medications, diabetes. Nerve pain can be caused by nerve root compression in the lower back. Your doctor needs to look at the symptoms and examine for all the possible causes to be able to give you the right treatment.

1
Posted by: Grahame | 2009/03/22

I gym a lot and also do running on the tread mill. My running emtails intensive speed bursts with a rest period btween. This i complete in 10 mins. Recently (past few months) Ive experienced a dull pain in my left leg from the hip down to the foot. Some times its more pronounced in different parts of that leg. When i sleep this moderate ache results in me changing positions which seems to help. Is it circulation or other???

Reply to Grahame