Question
Posted by: Arno | 2008/08/11

Sore legs

I just want to find out if there is any thing one can use for sore legs. I haveI just started doing squats and now it is as if I can’  t move…  …  …  .. I’  m sore!!

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Arno,
Allow adequate rest between training days.

Train legs with resistance maximum once every four days for best results. Never do more than three sets of squats.Always use proper technigue, freestanding not up against a wall. This is incorrect technique. For perfect technique observe a two year old.

Always warm up with 15 mins cardiovascular activity prior to resistance training.

Stretch thighs in between sets of squats. If you are sore now go for a 15 minute walk and stretch thighs, hamstrings, hips, buttocks and calf muscles to point of mild tension for one minute duration.

Drink plenty of water to maintain normal muscle hydration.

If delayed onset muscle soreness continues consult your local osteopath. For more information on osteopathy visit www.osteogoodhealth.com

Dr Guy Ashburner - Osteopath