Posted by: DENISE | 2011-05-04

About three weeks ago I have started getting a sharp pain in my right knee when ever I step on my foot. It is even worse when I wear heels. It''s not all the time though.

I started gyming again two weeks ago and found that running makes it instantly worse. So it''s definately something on impact. I stopped running and opted for spinning, skiing and the powerplate instead and have found that it is much much better.

Will it go away, or should I get an xray? I would rather let it heal by itself, unless you think it is a concern. I do love running and wanted to attempt a half-marathon this year. Any suggestions?

You are experiencing mechanical knee pain most probably caused by cartilage damage. I therefore, suggest that you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a full examination and a diagnosis. This is very important if you want to continue running.

Posted by: Denise | 2011-05-06

Thank you very much. It has started swelling and is very uncomfortable. I think I am going to see my docter.

Kind Regards,

Reply to Denise