Posted by: Sue | 2011-10-10

Sore jaw

My jaw is so sore I can hardly open my mouth to eat. Going on for more than 2 months. My MD prescribed Celebrex with no results so far. He says I am grinding on my teeth because of stress. I have false teeth and do not sleep with my lower teeth at night. He also suggested a plate made by my dentist to put inside my mouth. What other cause can it be beside stress. Please haelp, thanks.

It is possible that you might be suffering from temporomandibular joint disorder and I suggest that you consult a maxillo-facial specialist for an examination, x-ray and MRI scan of your "jaw". Refer to the following link for more details about this disorder:

Posted by: Sue | 2011-10-11

Thank you dr, I will follow your advise.

Reply to Sue