Question
Posted by: Hanna | 2011/03/18

SORE HIPS - DEEP HEAT?

Dear Dr,
Im 31 weeks pregnant (2nd pregnancy) and my hips are aching terribly. I cannot sleep at night. I had the same with my 1st born 9 years ago.
I want to know if I can use Deep Heat on my hips at night to alleviate the pain so that I can get some sleep?

Your assistance will be much appreciated.
Hanna

There are no studies to show whether or not it is safe in pregnancy . You could try a hot water bottle or stretching exercises.

2

Posted by: Kristen | 2011/03/18

Hi Hanna, I have the same problem and as far as I know Deep Heat contains asprin which thins your blood and is not recomended my pharmacist suggested arnica oil.

Hope it helps you.

Reply to Kristen