Posted by: CASSEY | 2011-06-21

Hi I have a problem with the right side of my body. When I sleep on that side, it aches from just below my hip right down into my leg. The pain is quite severe. It wakes me up. When I have this pain, I am unable to lie on back, stomach or even my left side. The pain last until I get out of bed and move around. Please can you tell me what is causing this pain. I am unable to get a good nights sleep.

The pain and discomfort is most likely due to lumbar nerve impinchment. This is where the nerves supplying the legs of motion and sensation, are irritated due to inflammation surrounding the area where the nerve leaves the lumbar spine.

Consult your doctor for a x-ray and a possible MRI of the lower back to have a proper diagnosis made and to start with treatment.

Posted by: Laurei | 2011-06-22

COuld be the bones, i.e. osteoarthritis etc. Try anti inflammatory at Dischem, ie.. Arthrochoice etc. I had this  problem in Winter, and started taking supplements. It has subsided substantially.

Reply to Laurei