Posted by: Anon | 2011-04-05

Sore hip

Dear doc
I occasionally battle to walk after sitting. I have pain(it feels like in the joint of my hip) in my left hip. My hip almost feel like it is ''locked''. After walking around (
limping) for a while it eases. I sometimes have the discomfort for several days - each time after sitting for a while. I dont have pain otherwise - although i am ''aware'' of my hip all the time. I also notice discomfort when walking up stairs.
I am still young. 38, healthy non smoker, non drinker, but on HRT due to ovarian failure post hysterectomy. I have GERD and an ulcer so I cannot take anti inflammatories.

Could you perhaps tell me what it could be

It is possible that you have osteoarthritis of the hip and it is therefore, essential to consult your doctor for x-rays of your pelvis and hips. Your doctor will be helpful in determining the cause of your pain. Unfortunately, you will have to be examined and special investigations will have to be performed.