Question
Posted by: CINDY | 2008/09/22

SORE HEELS AND MIDDLE OF FOOT

Please help me, I only wear flat shoes, slip slops, crocs etc (not a heel in sight), I wear high heels hardly ever. Lately, I have been unable to stand for a long time as my heels start to ache. Even when I get into the bath, my heels are really sore. In winter when I stretch my leg my heels, I start to get " shooting pains"  in them. I am now getting pains across the ball of my foot and when I walk it becomes really painful.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Cindy

It sounds like you have a common foot condition called plantar fasciitis. I suggest that you check the health24 website for information on this condition and how to treat it. In some cases wearing flat shoes can make it worse.
Stretches for the calf muscles can help as well as resting the painful area on ice for up to 15 minutes at a time. This is a condition that will be familiar to a podiatrist and he/she should be able to help you with this.

Chris

1
Posted by: Amanda | 2009/03/31

My heels and the back of my calves ache. It is worst during the night. I am not over weight, 22.5 BMI. I do not work on my feet but I do sit in front of a computer all day. It is not painfull just very uncomfortable. I went to my doctor two months ago and he said it was muscle arthiritis. I was on anti inflamatory medicine, but with no relieve.

Reply to Amanda