Question
Posted by: BEE | 2009/11/10

SORE HEELS

HI DOC, I HAVE CRACKED HEELS, I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE BUT TO NO AVAIL. I HAVE PAINFUL FEET WHEN I GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING. WHEN I START WALKING MY FEET ACHE, SPECIALLY MY HEELS. PLEASE ADVISE. THANKING YOU

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Dear Bee

LN has replied partly to your question - which is correct about the reflexes on your heels - again one cannot generalise - your diet, age, and lifestyle play a very important role.
The colour of the feet is also important.
Pain can sometime be because of circualtion problems - and to generalise - it also depends where the cracked heels are - normally we would relate the cracks on the outside of the heel to hormone imbalances and the inside of the heels a blood sugar, acid/alkaline, imbalance.

I would recomemd that you see a reflexologist so that they can take a case history and help you - you can go to www.vacuflex.com
And click on therapists, and then your area - all the reflexologist on the website are registered with Allied Health Council.

I hope this helps.
If you would like to give me some more details and I can try and help as much as I can via email.

Regards,
Stella

1
Posted by: LN | 2009/11/14

Dear BEE
( As the usual reflexology expert appears "  absent"  , I hope you don'  t mind me answering)

From a reflexology perspective, the heel are related to the pelvic organs which include the colon, uterus and ovaries in women and colon, prostate and testes in men.

Dry, cracked heels are commonly found in older individuals.

In men, it is most often related to prostate problems (difficult urination or frequent, small amounts, especial during the night) as well as bowel problems.

In women, cracked heels are often found in menopausal women, women that had hysterectomies or women that have uterine bleeding problems.
Thus, by just applying heel ointments such as Eulactol Heel Balm or any other external ointments won' t solve the problem.

I hope that above helps.

Kindly provide more info about your age, gender and specific conditions that you may be suffering from (under a separate question)

LN

Reply to LN