Question
Posted by: Bernie | 2009-09-15

Sore Heels

I have painful heel, whereby I' m finding it hard to walk, feel' s as if the bone wants to come through my heels.

What is the cause of this, can it be overcome through diet or do I have to see my Doctor?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Bernie

I suggest you start of by having an x-ray of your heel because you may have a plantar calcaneal spur. This is a small bony growth under your heel which will cause a lot of pain. It may get better by regularly stretching your calf muscles and applying ica to the area. An anti-inflammatory might help but I suggets you see your doctor, ask him to refer you for an x-ray to make an accurate diagnosis.

Chris