Question
Posted by: help | 2010/07/29

sore foreskin after sex

Recently I have been getting really painful cracks around my foreskin after i have sex..its sometimes so painful and i can''t pull up my foreskin (red and inflammed) i am in a very happy marriage and we don''t cheat on each other at all, so can''t be a sexual disease? what can it be? do you think i should get circumsied? do you think that would help? thanks

i agree - its not an STI but most likely just an inflammed and sensitive foreskin. the best treatment is circumcision. however, a doctor will first inspect the foreskin to see if a simple ointment can treat the infection / inflamation.

12
Posted by: clivia | 2015/09/08

my partner is 73 and I am 62. We have quite an active sex life and now after being together full time for 6 months, he is suffering with cracks outside and redness inside his foreskin. He is finding it painful to pee. We use KY gel as a lubricant. Surely circumcision is not the only answer to this problem? he is very loath to go this route. Any other suggestions?

Reply to clivia
Posted by: similar problem | 2013/04/01

i am circumcised and have the same problem so im hoping its just a fungal infection if i am incorrect i will repost on here

Reply to similar problem
Posted by: Flasho | 2010/08/04

there is possibility of lack of enough lubrication, hence friction between yo penis and your wife''s vagina.
work on more foreplay.

Reply to Flasho
Posted by: JM | 2010/07/30

Get circumcised. Its the only sure choice to have a sex life again. Well worth it. Been there had that too. Bull''s statement about washing and cleaning are just that: Pure Bull. You do it anyway and it has not done anything to solve your situation. Be very careful with Albert''s suggestion to use anti fungal cream. Its a steroid cream and that WILL thin out your foreskin and can ultimately create bigger tears in the future as your skin gets much weaker over time. You don''t want to have it tear while pumping real hard to where you have to get rushed into an emergency room and have to get circumcised on the spot. Recently happened to a British guy. It was embarrassing as all hell for him. Everyone knew what he had been doing. Made him and his GF take multiple AIDS tests over a period of a year because of it. That will guarantee you a crappy end result. Get it done ASAP so that you can get on with your sex life and life in general.

Reply to JM
Posted by: Albert | 2010/07/29

I had that once before as well. Not sure if it is an STD, I know we did not sleep around, so I doubt that it was. And I am very clean down there at all times. In the end I used a topical anti-fungal cream that you can buy over the counter for fungal infections (i think it is called topivate) which solved the problem for me. Remember to keep using the cream about 2 weeks after it has gone to prevent it from coming back.

Reply to Albert

Your medical aid will pay for it i would suggest you do it

Posted by: ljm | 2010/07/29

Some clinic in JHB area do it for about R1000. Medical aids also often pay for it based on your symptoms. I had mine done, but doc prefered General but now more do it via local.. Not really sure why mine was a general though. Do what you feel is right and also speak to doc that thinking along those lines to be refered to a urologist

Reply to ljm
Posted by: help | 2010/07/29

is the operation expensive? anyone know?

Reply to help
Posted by: DD | 2010/07/29

Circumsized brother

Reply to DD
Posted by: bull | 2010/07/29

Have you tried washing &  drying it? I''m not surcumsized but thats not the answer. I think it is caused by dryness of your skin. Get yourself some fissan paste. When healed keep it CLEAN.

Reply to bull
Posted by: Benito | 2010/07/29

I used to have a problem like that, where the whitish stuff accummulates under the foreskin and cause the part under the skin to be painful and itchy. I suggest you get circumsized

Reply to Benito
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/07/29

Reply to sexologist