Question
Posted by: Judy | 2011/02/14

Sore foot

I have developed a veri sore spot on the top of my foot, were you to tie your running shoe the knot would land right about there,have been to a sports shop and they retied my lace so that it is not too tight, but I did have them tight prior to being sore, do you think that the lacing caused friction during my running with it too tight and if so how do I rectify this
It is extremely sore after a long run where I can barely put my foot down and then gradually eases upon me icing it and using friction and iceman gel on it. What is the matter with my foot!!! I really need help as I am running a marathon on the 27th Feb to qualify for Comrades, how do I run pain free!!!
Judy

Hi Judy

It sounds like it may be, worst case scenario, a stress fracture of that bone. It's a very difficult one to diagnose (well, impossible, over the internet), but the location you've described sounds like it may be a bone injury. The lacing might be the problem, it's possible. You'd know if it was friction though because that area would be red and inflamed after the run.

Has the adjusted lacing fixed the problem?

If the problem persists, like after that marathon, then I think you should see a doctor. THe only way to diagnose a stress fracture is an MRI, but they can also eliminate some other possibles.

Good luck!
Ross

2
Posted by: Judy | 2011/02/21

Thank you for your help
J

Reply to Judy
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/02/18

Hi Judy

Good luck!
Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc