Question
Posted by: Zinhle | 2010/10/14

Sore foot

My foot has been very painfull for the past two weeks, I went to see the dr but he only gave me brufen and paracetamol and said I should loose weight. The problem is only one foot is sore and it''s driving me crazy. The pain starts under my foot up to below my knee. Even the skin at the bottom of my feet is sore, sometimes it feels like needles and pins. I had a bi-maleolar (spelling) fracture on my right ankle but it''s not painful at all instead the left foot is giving me problems. The joints are not painful, please tell me what to do because I''m taking painkillers 4 x a day and I really feel it''s too much.

Hallo Zinhle
This could be a nerve pinching in your lower back, causing a referred pain to the lower leg and foot, or neuropathy, a nerve problem that one can get due to vitamin shortage or diabetes. I think you should go back to your doctor, ask him to check your back, your blood sugar and if he can't find a reason for the pain, to refer you to a specialist for further tests (x/rays or nerve tests)
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/14

Hallo Zinhle
dr Bets