Posted by: Sam | 2011-11-21

Sore finger

Hi Doctor.
I hurt my left middle finger about a month ago. It still pains alot and it is very painfull when I wake up in the morning, i think it must be stiff. I have not been to the gp hoping it will heal, but pains continuesly. Please help.

It is possible that you have fractured your finger and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an x-ray, to have a proper diagnosis made. Severe sprain of the finger joint can take up to six weeks to heal. Strap your middle finger against your index finger, in order to support the middle finger. This will prevent further trauma and will help with the healing process. You can wrap Transact around your middle finger for pain relief.