Question
Posted by: Bets | 2009/04/07

Sore feet in the morning

Hi doc! I also placed the previous question with regards to my thyroid. I have painful feet when I get up in the morning. Sore for at least the first 10 meters when after that - as if I did not have a problem at all. I love your replies - and I am a big fan!

Dear Bets
This could be due to plantar fasciitis - an inflammation of the soft tissue in the foot due to strain or overexertion.
see http://orthopedics.about.com/od/footankle/a/fasciitis.htm
Stretching, anti-inflammatories and special insoles made by a podiatrist may bring relief. Try not to wear shoes with a heal higher than 3 cm