Question
Posted by: achy feet | 2010-03-01

Sore feet

Doc,
My feet ache and pain, not all the time.Only when I sit to long or I lay on a bed. When I get up to walk then my feet feel sensitive and painful. Then I walk like a duck :).After a couple of minutes then the pain subsides.At times its a throbbing pain .Lately my feet feels more and more sensitive.
What could this be?

Hallo Achy feet
You probably have plantar fasciitis - an inflammation of the sole of the foot. See http://orthopedics.about.com/od/footankle/a/fasciitis.htm
Seeing a biokineticist will help - they will give you inserts to wear in your shoes that will take the strain off the area, show you some stretches you can do, and then you can take anti-inflammatory like Neurofen. Avoid high heeled shoes and excessive exercise like jogging.(Rather swim or use exercise bicycle) Most cases heal with rest and therapy and operation is seldom needed.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-01

Hallo Achy feet

Reply to cyberdoc