Question
Posted by: Shy Mouse | 2010/05/20

Sore (embarrasing) Piles

Good day Doc,

I am hoping you can help. I get embarrassed very quickly hence my situation that I have been suffering from piles for the last 4 weeks. I bought Preparation H from the pharmacist and used that for 10 days but my pain got worse. It started as external piles that I could feel, and that went away only to have internal piles remain by way of guessing as I still have extreme pain when passing stools and bright red blood. I also have a shooting pain from my rectum to the tops of my leg (where the buttocks meet). I then was given Scheriproct Ointment via a telephonic call to my doc. This has also not solved the problem and I continue to have pain / bleeding when passing stool. The pain then lingers for a couple of hours after. I am not 100% constipated but I do struggle to pass initially and then my stool is soft.

Is there anything else I can try or is this perhaps not piles and rather an indication of something else ?

Thank you for your time.

Hallo Shy Mouse
the bleeding sounds worse than a pile would give - I really think you should go for a proper examination at your doctor - you may have a polyp or a growth in the rectum
dr Bets

3
Posted by: Vivienne | 2010/07/22

Hi Shy Mouse
I have a similar problem and if it is not too serious, you may use a product called Anugesic, which is inserted into the anus and is available over the counter. It helps almost immediately. You will be pleasantly surprised. Correct eating habits will also go a long way in easing the severity of the problem. Happy health

Good Luck

Reply to Vivienne
Posted by: helping fairy | 2010/05/22

Hi, I had similar symptoms and it was an anal fissure. Read it up on the internet to see whether it sounds like what you have. I saw a surgeon and it wasnt necessary to operate but she gave me a capsule which contains an oil type liquid which you insert into the anus which relieves the muscle which helps very quickly for the pain. Good luck, I hope this info helps.

Reply to helping fairy
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/05/20

Hallo Shy Mouse
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc