Question
Posted by: Susie | 2009-02-02

Sore colon

I have had a very sore and painful colon for 2 days now, I need probiotics ( can you suggest one for me please ) I think stress is the cause and also I went to Brookdale Health Hydro for 6 days and on my return home went back to eating wholewheat bread, ?
thanks
Susie

Dear Susie
I would suspect that the treatments at the hydro have caused you sore colon. I am not in favour of such harsh treatments. If you were at a health hydro why are you still stressed? If you find it difficult to cope with stress then please obtain help from a clinical psychologist (ask your gp to refer you). The psychologist will assist you to learn better coping techniques and also teach you relaxing and deep breathing. There are many probiotics that are beneficial to the colon, for example Intestiflora, or LP229V (ask your chemist or at a health shop). Rather spend your money on getting some help from a clinical psychologist and doing a relaxing exercise such as yoga.
Hope you feel better soon.