Question
Posted by: Irene | 2009/12/09

Sore breasts

Hi Doc Im 54 and all of a sudden got sore nipples and breasts, like having a mentstruation. last menstruation was at 52y, so I take it Im menopausal now. I am also very tired, went for B12 injection, which didnt help much. I also battle to loose weight, I need to loose about 12 kg. Thanks a million!

Hallo Irene
Have your thyroid functions and insulin levels tested - it may be one of these causing the weight problem. Sore breasts are usually caused by fluctuating esterogen levels - you may not menstruate but you may have had a bit of an esterogen spike. Try Vit B6 100mg per day and Voltaren gel for the sore nipples.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/09

Hallo Irene

Reply to cyberdoc