Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2008/08/18

Sore breast

Dear Dr,

My right breast is sore on and off. Almost a sensitive sore. It' s got this faint kind of pain somewhere in my breast - I cannot point out a specific area - and sometimes (i.e. in the shower) my nipple is sensitive sore. I felt numerous times, and asked my husband to also just check for any lumps, but there is absolutely nothing. I had a baby 7 months back, and stopped breastfeeding when she was 4 weeks old. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Should I rather go to my GP / Gynae or just leave it? It is not painful enough to drink even Panado, but it' s just a faint pain which I am just aware of but not bothered by.

Thanks,
Daisy

Dear Daisy
Please see your GP - he may need to send you for a sonar as you may have a slight infection or a cyst in one of the milk glands.