Question

SORE BOOBS WHEN RUNNING

I used to run quite a lot but have always had the problem with sore breasts before my periods start and this is for 2 weeks before my periods and I mean really painful. I can' t even walk fast. I have purchased expensive sports bras but even that doesn' t help. Is there something that I can do, or wear, to ensure as little discomfort as possible so that I can run again.

HI Anon

Honestly, short of the specifically designed sports bras, I can't suggest anything else. Have you tried wearing two? That's all I can think of, there's not much else one can do, to the best of my knowledge.

I'd try two, and hopefully that works

2
Posted by: Betty | 2009/11/03

Take vitamin B6, magnesium, and/or evening primrose oil supplements. These supplements may reduce premenstrual breast tenderness. Ask your doctor before taking any new herb or vitamin. The American Academy of Family Physicians warns that taking too much vitamin B6 may cause side effects.

Step
4Increase your calcium intake. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, calcium and vitamin D reduce PMS symptoms, including breast tenderness. Calcium-rich foods include dairy products, nuts, dark green vegetables and some fish. Currently, the recommended daily intake of calcium is 1,200 mg per day, and the RDI for vitamin D is 400 IU per day.
Wear loose-fitting clothing, but do not skip wearing a bra. Pressure from tight shirts and bras may make breast pain worse, but wearing a bra offers breast support that may minimize breast pain in the long-term.

Reply to Betty
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/10/29

HI Anon

I'd try two, and hopefully that works

Reply to fitnessdoc