Question
Posted by: Hans | 2010-05-29

sore blue toes..

hello...cpt had some very cold nights this week but could it cause pain and blue under my toe nails?....for the last 2days i find it painful to walk/drive when wearing shoes...could this have anything to with my footwear, which is mostly takkies but them and my feet kept very clean and i also use foot powder daily...im now in late 20''s and had athletes foot in my teens but have used foot powder ever since and hasnt been a problem since...so far ive trimmed my nails as usual and trying to wear open shoes as much as possible....any other ideas??

Hans

Consult your doctor for an examination, as any discolouration underneath the toenails needs to be examined. It is possible that the cold and maybe your footwear is causing the problem but your doctor should examine you to exclude other possibilities, like poor blood flow or circulation in your extremities.