Posted by: Nicola Sunkel | 2011-07-04

Sore big toe

On sat night someone stood on my foot and now my big toe &  toe joint is really sore and swollen/bruised. How will I know if its broken without going for an x-ray - unfortunately where I am i will have to sit and wait about 4hours before even being seen and dont really want to go if its not broken. Any way of telling? I can walk on it, just throbbing and sore.
Many thanks

If your toe is broken, you will certainly not be able to walk on it and the pain will be excrutiating. Take Myprodol, two capsules, three times daily, elevate your foot, apply ice packs followed by heat packs and rest. It will take some time for the pain and swelling to disappear.