Question
Posted by: Zami Ntuli | 2012/08/20

Sore baby toes

My baby toe nails are so painful.i have tiny toe nails on both my feet that have grown under my skin and now my baby toe nails are so painful. Do I have ingrown toe nails, what should I do?

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Your 5th (baby) toe nails are often damaged or placed under alot of stres due to the shape of the shoes we wear.Constant shoe pressure and friction over the fifth nails could cause damage to the nail leading to thickening or the nail to become ingrown or corns/ callouses to develop over the area. The best would be to wear shoes that does not aggravate the condition and to consult with a podiatrist. For you nearest podiatrist contact 0861 100 249 or www.podiatrist.co.za

1
Posted by: podiatrist | 2012/08/22

Reply to podiatrist