Question
Posted by: Lizard | 2010/10/25

sore anus

I have a very sore anus, it is red and raw. I went to a doctor about this in the past and he sent me to a specialist who did a colonoscopy and other things but could not find anything wrong. He gave me something in a tube to apply to my anus and it helped dramatically. I cannot remember the name but it was something like schefflera (which I know is a plant and not the right name). I believe that this stuff cannot be bought without a scrip so I was wondering if you could tell me the name of an " over the counter"  treatment that would have a similar result.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi L

He probably gave you SCHERIPROCT - which is indeed available on prescription. The most effective otc option would be anusol.

All the best!

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/10/27

Hi L

All the best!

Reply to pharmacist