Posted by: Kim | 2009-08-31

Sore anus

Hi Doc!

Please advise, this past weekend I' ve had some problems with doing a number 2!
It was very sore and before that when I done a number 1 I wiped, there was blood- I thought it was my period but it was from behind.When I do a number 2 its painfull.
What could this be?
It s been sore for the past week and I thought maybe it was something I ate making it burn but now its got worse and bled.
This is scarying me, even more scary is the thought of having to go to the Dr. with this!!!

Dear Kim
You may have developed piles (haemorrhoids) that are bleeding. You will unfortunately have to see the dr for a checkup because it is always a good idea to rule out more serious colon problems. If you do have piles then the dr will also prescribe the correct treatment. Piles can be caused by straining when passing hard stools, or suffering from repeated diarrhoea. Discuss the cause with the dr (just relax, doctors are trained to examine every part of the human body and you need not feel shy). If your piles are due to constipation, then you may have to use a gentle laxative like Fybogel for awhile until the condition clears up. Afterwards apply the tips provided on this Website for regularity. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, then click on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices.