Question
Posted by: AA | 2009-03-11

Sore ankle

I sprained/twisted my left ankle whilst being pregnant. Went to GP and chemist but they could not prescribed any medication at that stage. My GP suggested I excercise the foot. It did take a while for the swelling to subside but it was stil sensitive all along. However 5 mnths after my pregancy, I stil have the sensitive feeling in the ankle and more espescially when I wear heels, to the point wherer it hurts and I am unble to wear it for long. What do you suggest I do or what could it be. Your input wil be appreciated.
Many thanks

Expert ImageArchive

Dear AA

Sprained ankles can take quite a while, even up to a year to heal completely especially if you had no physio or medication at the time. My advise would be to consult a physiotherapist, have the ankle assessed and that way it can be checked if there is'nt any other damage. The good news is that sprained ankles do eventually get better, even those where there has been no treatment. The bad news is that if you have sprained your ankle once there is a very good chance it will happen again. Best thing to do is get some help in treating it and execises to strenthen it

Chris