Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/08

Sore and swollen lymph node

I noticed a sore lump in my upper inner thigh, my GP says that it is a swollen lymph node. I was told that it usually occurs whenthere is an infection, however I do not have any visible infections. What else could it mean? Should I be concerned? What else can I do? I am currently taking antibiotics.

I suggest that you wait until you have finished the course of antibiotics. If the lymph node is still there after the completion of the antibiotics, you should have a biopsy of the lymph node done, to determine the cause thereof.