Question
Posted by: JILL McCALLUM | 2010-01-06

SORE &  HOT FEET

My son (8) complains that his feet hurt him, often. I think his achilles tendons are too short, due to huge growth spurt over the past 2 years. Could this be the case? If so, to what type of doctor do I take him to get this sorted out?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Jill

Growth spurts can often cause foot pain, the most common is a problem called Sever's disease which causes heel pain. Basically the bones of the legs grow more quickly than the tendons. A physiotherapist could help, in some cases this is made worse by other foot issues so a podiatrist could help too.

Chris

1
Posted by: Foot expert | 2010-01-19

Dear Jill

Chris

Reply to Foot expert