Question
Posted by: RICARDO | 2011/03/07

SORE AFTER RIDE

Hi! I did a 80km cycle on saturday, more than I usually do , and both legs cramped up heavily. I now have sore legs and hoping it will heal in time for the ARGUS TOUR .Any advice.

That pain is just from unaccustomed exercise - your muscles were not used to the level and so they got sore. That would have gone away within about 48 hours, maybe 72, and so hopefully you'll have had a good Argus. But you can expect the same kind of pain from 110km!

Good luck!
Ross

2
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/03/13

Good luck!
Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc
Posted by: Corrie | 2011/03/08

Make sure you take some magnesium. Something like SlowMag tablets everyday this week before the race. This helps for the cramps. Take some Rennie tables with you on the ride. This helps me when I cramp. Chew two tablets when you feel a cramp comming on. Keep Hidrating

For the existing pain you''d just have to be patient, ussualy two days before it starts feeling better.

Enjoy the race!

Reply to Corrie