Question
Posted by: Davina | 2010/02/22

sore, aching legs keeping me awake

I''m not sure where the best place is to post this question, but since it is affecting my sleep I thought I''d start here. My legs ache at night. They feel swollen and sore and generally " tight" . It''s usually from my knees, down my calves and shins, and into my ankles, with my ankles being the most sore. On occasion my feet or legs twitch as well. As you can imagine, this keeps me awake and I struggle to fall asleep most nights. I am 29, not overweight and lead a fairly healthy and active lifestyle. What could be causing this, and what can I do about it? It''s really driving me nuts!

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This sounds like either "restless legs syndrome" or "burning feet syndrome", but there are certain causes which could need treatment. The condition itself can be controlled. You need to discuss this with a neurologist or a sleep doctor.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/02/25

Reply to Sleep expert