Posted by: Jojo | 2009-09-30

Sore Achilles Tendon

Everytime i wear shoes with even the slightest heel (and it' s not often and the heel is never very high) my achilles tendon on my left foot really hurts the next day. It' s fine to walk on and even run on, but when i' m sitting it really hurts in certain positions and when i' m driving i can feel it.
It usually goes away after a while, but i would prefer to have it gone for good! :-)
Is there soemthing i can do to stop it or to strengthen it?

It' s only been happening recently and i am very active at the gym and run as well. 29-year0old female.

Thanks so much!

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Jojo
Suggest you have it checked out by your doctor if it is really uncomfortable. It may also be a result of overuse (high impact exercise). See if it gets better when resting it for a few days.